Fake news
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -45%
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre ...
Voir le deal
339 €

Jean_pastis
Admin
https://fakenews-final-task.forumactif.com

Fake news legislation Empty Fake news legislation

Jeu 18 Fév - 10:21
Hi guys how are you ? I have a question for you.
I'm a student and we talked about fake news at school today.
Their propagation alarme me and therefore I wanted to hear your thoughts about it. Do you think that the government should create legislation in order to help regulate them?

Charlotte aime ce message

frantz
frantz

Fake news legislation Empty It is very important to control fake news

Jeu 18 Fév - 10:54
I think it is very important to create laws to control fake news. It is a danger for the nation because it could afraid people or bring down company.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Fake news legislation Empty What about the freedom of speech ?

Jeu 18 Fév - 10:56
I agree with you but the fact is that, if you create laws to control fake news it can become censorship. I mean fake news is a real problem, but freedom of speech is much more important.
frantz
frantz

Fake news legislation Empty Moderate use of censoship

Jeu 18 Fév - 10:57
Freedom of speech is something very important, but we can’t just stop there. We have to think about how to make access to information better. And if censorship has to be used in specific cases, I think it has to be made.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Fake news legislation Empty Are we communists ?

Jeu 18 Fév - 10:59
What do you mean by “it has to be made” ? May I remind you that we are not in North Korea and with people like you, who think like you, the democratic United States of America  will one day become a communist country !!!

Dernière édition par Charlotte le Jeu 18 Fév - 22:30, édité 1 fois
frantz
frantz

Fake news legislation Empty A spark to set the world ablaze !

Jeu 18 Fév - 11:00
Talking about North Korea. Do you remember the recent fake news about Kim Jong-un ? Everybody thought he was dead while he was still alive. Don’t forget that all it takes is a spark to set the world ablaze. How dare you call me communism?
Charlotte
Charlotte

Fake news legislation Empty Stupid algorithms...

Jeu 18 Fév - 11:01
Sorry, I burst into flames. I did not want to hurt you, I was just trying to get your attention. What I want to say is that you can delete fake news but only if you’re sure that it is fake. The rumour about KJU would never have happened without social media. They said that they put in place measures like algorithms which I think are not very efficient. Indeed sometimes they don’t understand that it is real news and delete it, on the contrary they leave some false information.
frantz
frantz

Fake news legislation Empty Fake news down by 73% on Twitter !

Jeu 18 Fév - 11:03
You talked about social media and like you said they took some measures. We can see that censorship can be used in a moderate way like on Twitter. If you have been on this platform recently, you should have noticed that they warn users on information which can be not fully reliable. These different methods can be used to reduce the spread of fake news. This type of censorship is very efficient. Since they introduced it, there has been a decrease of 73% of fake news on their social media.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Fake news legislation Empty We are in democracy !

Jeu 18 Fév - 11:04
I was not aware about this statistic but it doesn’t change my mind. We cannot censor people even though they are spreading fake news. Like I said it is undemocratic !
frantz
frantz

Fake news legislation Empty What is the government doing ???

Jeu 18 Fév - 22:21
What is undemocratic and really dangerous for the nation is letting people by themselves in front of so much false information. So the government should do something !
Charlotte
Charlotte

Fake news legislation Empty We should do like in Finland !

Jeu 18 Fév - 22:25
The government should not promote news literacy. It would be great if they do like a campaign against fake news all around our country, so people could develop their critical sense and gain in maturity. An anti-fake news initiative launched by Finland’s government in 2014 aimed at teaching residents, students, journalists and politicians how to counter false information designed to sow division. The interesting thing is that Finland is the country where the media best withstand the problems of fake news. So the country that best educates its population about this, but more generally which tries to awaken the critical sense of the inhabitants.
frantz
frantz

Fake news legislation Empty Let's learn how to recognize fake news !

Jeu 18 Fév - 22:31
Initiative like this one should be done all around the world !
I did some research and I learned some tips which could be very useful to help us to identify fake news. First of all, we need to verify the link to know if it is a reliable website or not. When we see an article about someone or something, we must check on other media if they also talk about it. When we are in front of a suspicious video, we can use some website like citizenevidence.amnestyusa.org to check if it is a deep fake or not.
I am sure that there are plenty of other methods to recognize fake news but I think those are the main ones.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Fake news legislation Empty Here are some more tips

Jeu 18 Fév - 22:33
When I saw your message I decided to search and I found some interesting things like the author’s goal. We need to analyse his article to find a political meaning in it especially when we are in an election time. Finally if we still have a doubt, we should check comments to see other people’s reaction about the article.
frantz
frantz

Fake news legislation Empty finally an agreement

Jeu 18 Fév - 22:44
At least we agree on one point !
Charlotte
Charlotte

Fake news legislation Empty Re: Fake news legislation

Jeu 18 Fév - 22:46
Yes actually I cannot agree more about your idea of educating people on fake news.
Jean_pastis
Admin
https://fakenews-final-task.forumactif.com

Fake news legislation Empty Thank you !!!

Jeu 18 Fév - 22:48
Thank you for your involvement. I can see that this is a rather complex subject and thanks to you I have something to discuss in class. Thank you very much!
Contenu sponsorisé

Fake news legislation Empty Re: Fake news legislation